Health and Social Care
Level 2/3 Cambridge Technical Diploma
Do you have a desire to help people? This course is for those who can see themselves working with a range of different people such as those with mental health needs, vulnerable adults or children, learning difficulties, caring for the elderly or disabled, or those who have had an accident or experienced trauma.
- Human Lifespan development
- Communication in Health and Social Care
- Health and Social Care Services
- Impact of Diet on Health
- Individual needs in Health and Social Care services
- Ensuring a Safe Environment
- Creative and therapeutic activities in HSC
- Individual rights in health and social care service
- Developing through the life stages
- Developing communication in health and social care settings
- Promoting health education
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- Equality and Diversity
- Sociological and psychological perspectives
- Anatomy and physiology
- Physiological disorders
- Caring for older people /Dementia care
- Caring for people with additional needs
- Safeguarding adults and Promoting independence
- Caring for children and young people
- Health, safety and security it health and social care settings
Level 3 – Single A Level
This course can also be offered as a one A Level course, combined with two other A Level choices.
This provides a strong base for progression to apprenticeships, work or university or moving from level 2 to level 3.
Mental health nursing, social worker, paramedic, childrenâ€™s nurse, teacher, play worker, child protection, dementia support, health promotion, adult nursing, counsellor, therapist, A&E nurse, care work (learning difficulties, elderly, dementia.