What is Widening Participation?
Widening Participation programmes are designed to increase the number of students from disadvantaged backgrounds going on to study at university.
Widening Participation programmes:
- Access to Bristol
- Future Quest
- Nuffield Research Placements
- On Track to Bath
- Pathways to Health Sciences
- Pathways to Law
How do I get a place?
This varies from programme to programme â€“ and each programme is a little different.Â These are the ways you can access the programmes:
- You apply for a place directly to the programme
- You apply to Post 16 and we shortlist based on GCSE grades and a short personal statement
- A member of Post 16 staff nominates you
- You express interest and attend the sessions
Can I take part?
Each programme has its own eligibility criteria, so you will need to check carefully to see if you are eligible for a place.Â Some programmes require certain grades at GCSE, whereas others look at your postcode. Please check each programme, as this can vary widely.
Does it cost anything?
What do I need to bring?
Just enthusiasm and a willingness to take part.