CLF Post 16 has a very strong philosophy for Enriched Learning. You are encouraged to embrace every opportunity available to you during your time of study.
Subject teachers¬†also¬†embrace this¬†philosophy¬†and¬†plan a rich calendar of opportunities that take¬†learning outside¬†of the classroom to embed it more strongly.¬†Recent opportunities included¬†the¬†Geography students’¬†week-long¬†field trip to Slapton Sands in South Devon to¬†study coastal erosion and surveying¬†techniques,¬†an opportunity for¬†Physics students¬†to¬†attend¬†a¬†seminar at Bristol¬†University,¬†and¬†a¬†visit to UWE for¬†Health and Social Care students.¬†
The Post 16 teaching staff also work hard to welcome visitors into the classroom¬†too,¬†in order to bring a different perspective¬†or¬†provide a¬†link to careers in¬†a¬†particular¬†field.¬†
Alongside this, the CLF Post 16 also provides a full range of alternative qualifications to enrich the life chances of all students. Some great examples of this¬†include:¬†
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme¬†
- Engineering Education Scheme
- Sport Qualification
- Junior Netball Leader¬†
- Level 1 Football¬†
- Level 1 Rugby¬†
- Level 2 Food and Hygiene for Catering¬†
- CSCS ‚Äď Construction Skills Certification Scheme¬†
- Theory Driving Preparation Course ‚ÄĮ¬†
Activities that bring students together as a community such as clubs and societies, are another example of enrichment at CLF Post 16. Led by the students themselves, these groups allow students to meet and share a common interest (e.g. sports, debate, film). We also encourage students to apply to set up their own club or society using the application form.
Finally, there¬†are a number of other enrichment opportunities which students may be interested¬†in, including:¬†
- Envision ¬†is open to all students and is¬†an inter-school ‘Community Apprentice’ type¬†competition. This¬†exciting¬†programme requires young people to develop the competencies most valued by employers.
- Micro-Tyco is a month-long challenge that enables participants to practice and learn fundamental business principles in a safe, ‘micro’ environment.